Contacting us and/or accessing the GVDN Website confirms that the user:
- consents to the collection and use of their Personal Information according to the terms of this Policy.
We may update this policy at any time by updating it on the website.
‘GVDN’ means the Global Vaccine Data Network.
‘GVDN Services’ means any functionality provided at our Website and any interactions we have with individuals or groups engaging with us by direct email or through the ‘Contact us’ portal on our Website.
‘GVDN Website’ and ‘Website’ mean www.globalvaccinedatanetwork.org and any successor website, and includes any functionality provided at these sites.
‘Personal Information’ has the meaning given under the Privacy Act. Generally, it means information about an identifiable individual.
‘Privacy Act’ means the Privacy Act 2020 (New Zealand) or any replacement legislation.
‘we’, ‘our’, and ‘us” means Auckland UniServices Limited a wholly owned subsidiary of the University of Auckland, New Zealand.
4. Collection of Personal Information
We may collect Personal Information in different ways, depending on the nature of your engagement with us.
5. When you access and use the GVDN Website
- Our Website may use different types of cookies, including some cookies placed by third party services that appear on our pages.
- tailor our Website experience to you, track your activity as you navigate our Website, analyse your use of our Website, and enhance our Website usability; or
- analyse our traffic to have a better understanding of how our Website is used, or
- for system administration tasks to maintain the Website.
- We will share information about use of our Website with our Google Analytics and World Health Organization Vaccine Safety Net/Pulsar Platform partners.
- We will not attempt to identify users as part of regular business practice.
- Website users may choose to disable cookies using the settings on their browser, although they may be unable to access certain parts of the Website if they do this.
Third party links
- From time to time, we will provide a link to third party websites to enable us to provide a service to users, or for the purposes of offering additional information that may be relevant to users.
- We have no control of either the content or privacy policies of such sites.
6. When you engage with us by direct email or through the ‘Contact us’ portal on our Website
Personal Information is collected for the purpose of responding to you. Providing some information is optional. If you choose not to provide your email address, we will be unable to respond to you.
We will retain any Personal Information provided by you as a record of our engagement with you for as long as the information may lawfully be used.
We will take reasonable safeguards to ensure your Personal Information is protected against loss, access, use, modification, disclosure that is not authorised, or other misuse. We may use third-party service providers to store your personal information. This means that we may transfer personal information, or access it from, countries other than New Zealand. We recognise that we are accountable for your personal information wherever it is in the world. Where we can, we will send personal information only to countries that have adequate privacy laws in place, such as Australia and the European Union. However, where we cannot do this, we take reasonable steps to ensure that any third-party service providers we use can meet our privacy and security expectations.
Your rights to access and request correction of Personal Information.
- You have the right to confirm what Personal Information we hold about you and access the information.
- You have the right to request correction of any Personal Information we hold if you think it is wrong.
- If we are unable to make the correction, you have the right to provide us with a statement of correction to attach to your Personal Information.
- If you would like a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not share Personal Information with third parties unless,
- we believe, on reasonable grounds that the user has authorised that disclosure
- the disclosure of information is related to a purpose in connection with why the information was obtained,
- the disclosure is to the individual concerned or their authorised representative, or
- the disclosure is required under the law, or
- the disclosure is for one of the other purposes permitted under the Privacy Act.