Recent TED talk given by Helen Petousis-Harris on how vaccines are assessed for their safety and effectiveness. Despite controversial claims, vaccines have been a vital part of combating pandemic outbreaks. Lots and lots of money and time are being put into developing safe enough vaccines to be used in the community. But what is the reason for hesitancy towards vaccines?
- The critical role of background rates of possible adverse events in the assessment of COVID-19 vaccine safety April 17, 2021
- The UK Expert Haematology Panel (EHP) has produced guidance on the syndrome of Thrombosis and Thrombocytopenia occurring after coronavirus vaccination April 8, 2021
- Why is it so hard to investigate the rare side effects of COVID vaccines? April 7, 2021
- Protocol template for cohort event monitoring (CEM) for safety signal detection after vaccination with COVID-19 vaccines March 30, 2021
- COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca: benefits still outweigh the risks despite possible link to rare blood clots with low blood platelets March 20, 2021