A news item in Nature by Ariana Remmel explains how challenging it is to prove that a medical problem following immunization was caused by the vaccine itself and describes the kinds of studies that are needed to understand the causes of rare adverse events. These include targeted clinical trials and active surveillance systems that collect adverse event data, both background rates and rates after vaccination, from electronic health records.
- Hong Kong partners publish outcomes from carditis and COVID-19 vaccination association study January 26, 2022
- NZ hosts vaccine safety project January 25, 2022
- Dr Helen Petousis-Harris, finalist for the 2021 Nature Research Award for Driving Global Impact September 16, 2021
- The ACCESS Background rates report, excel sheets and event definitions are now available! August 28, 2021
- Funding for the Global Covid Vaccine Safety (GCoVS) project July 27, 2021