The Vaccine Safety Technical Subgroup of the US CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) met on March 1, 2021 to share vaccine safety experience updates and to discuss three sources of vaccine safety monitoring information: Digital apps, Passive surveillance, and the Vaccine Safety Datalink. A video of the one hour long meeting has been posted on YouTube. The updates will be published in the CDC’s Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR) but there’s a great summary of the three sources of vaccine safety monitoring information on the Skeptical Raptor blog, which regularly comments on the science of vaccines.
- Mix-and-match COVID vaccines trigger potent immune response May 24, 2021
- Arterial events, venous thromboembolism, thrombocytopenia, and bleeding after vaccination with Oxford-AstraZeneca in Denmark and Norway May 12, 2021
- The critical role of background rates of possible adverse events in the assessment of COVID-19 vaccine safety April 17, 2021
- The UK Expert Haematology Panel (EHP) has produced guidance on the syndrome of Thrombosis and Thrombocytopenia occurring after coronavirus vaccination April 8, 2021
- Why is it so hard to investigate the rare side effects of COVID vaccines? April 7, 2021