The Vaccine Safety Technical Subgroup of the US CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) met on March 1, 2021 to share vaccine safety experience updates and to discuss three sources of vaccine safety monitoring information: Digital apps, Passive surveillance, and the Vaccine Safety Datalink. A video of the one hour long meeting has been posted on YouTube. The updates will be published in the CDC’s Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR) but there’s a great summary of the three sources of vaccine safety monitoring information on the Skeptical Raptor blog, which regularly comments on the science of vaccines.
- The UK Expert Haematology Panel (EHP) has produced guidance on the syndrome of Thrombosis and Thrombocytopenia occurring after coronavirus vaccination April 8, 2021
- Why is it so hard to investigate the rare side effects of COVID vaccines? April 7, 2021
- Protocol template for cohort event monitoring (CEM) for safety signal detection after vaccination with COVID-19 vaccines March 30, 2021
- COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca: benefits still outweigh the risks despite possible link to rare blood clots with low blood platelets March 20, 2021
- Vaccine safety experience updates from the US CDCs Vaccine Safety Technical Subgroup (VaST) March 17, 2021