The Expert Haematology Panel is comprised of UK blood clotting experts, who are meeting daily to collect information on possible cases and are in regular communication with the regulators and other haematology groups studying this potential problem in other European countries. Their guidance includes a link to a living document and the contact details for advice from the Expert Haematology Panel. They state that it is important that correct management is applied to prevent the progression of thrombosis. Of critical note, platelet transfusions should be avoided.
- The UK Expert Haematology Panel (EHP) has produced guidance on the syndrome of Thrombosis and Thrombocytopenia occurring after coronavirus vaccination April 8, 2021
- Why is it so hard to investigate the rare side effects of COVID vaccines? April 7, 2021
- Protocol template for cohort event monitoring (CEM) for safety signal detection after vaccination with COVID-19 vaccines March 30, 2021
- COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca: benefits still outweigh the risks despite possible link to rare blood clots with low blood platelets March 20, 2021
- Vaccine safety experience updates from the US CDCs Vaccine Safety Technical Subgroup (VaST) March 17, 2021