The Expert Haematology Panel is comprised of UK blood clotting experts, who are meeting daily to collect information on possible cases and are in regular communication with the regulators and other haematology groups studying this potential problem in other European countries. Their guidance includes a link to a living document and the contact details for advice from the Expert Haematology Panel. They state that it is important that correct management is applied to prevent the progression of thrombosis. Of critical note, platelet transfusions should be avoided.
- Dr Helen Petousis-Harris, finalist for the 2021 Nature Research Award for Driving Global Impact September 16, 2021
- The ACCESS Background rates report, excel sheets and event definitions are now available! August 28, 2021
- Funding for the Global Covid Vaccine Safety (GCoVS) project July 27, 2021
- Mix-and-match COVID vaccines trigger potent immune response May 24, 2021
- Arterial events, venous thromboembolism, thrombocytopenia, and bleeding after vaccination with Oxford-AstraZeneca in Denmark and Norway May 12, 2021