The Expert Haematology Panel is comprised of UK blood clotting experts, who are meeting daily to collect information on possible cases and are in regular communication with the regulators and other haematology groups studying this potential problem in other European countries. Their guidance includes a link to a living document and the contact details for advice from the Expert Haematology Panel. They state that it is important that correct management is applied to prevent the progression of thrombosis. Of critical note, platelet transfusions should be avoided.
- Mix-and-match COVID vaccines trigger potent immune response May 24, 2021
- Arterial events, venous thromboembolism, thrombocytopenia, and bleeding after vaccination with Oxford-AstraZeneca in Denmark and Norway May 12, 2021
- The critical role of background rates of possible adverse events in the assessment of COVID-19 vaccine safety April 17, 2021
- The UK Expert Haematology Panel (EHP) has produced guidance on the syndrome of Thrombosis and Thrombocytopenia occurring after coronavirus vaccination April 8, 2021
- Why is it so hard to investigate the rare side effects of COVID vaccines? April 7, 2021