An article in the March edition of Vaccine explains why it is necessary to know the background rates of possible Adverse Events of Special Interest (AESI) when monitoring the safety of COVID-19 vaccines. The article provides examples to illustrate the use of background rates and discusses tools available from the Brighton Collaboration that facilitate case evaluation and understanding of AESI.
- Dr Helen Petousis-Harris, finalist for the 2021 Nature Research Award for Driving Global Impact September 16, 2021
- The ACCESS Background rates report, excel sheets and event definitions are now available! August 28, 2021
- Funding for the Global Covid Vaccine Safety (GCoVS) project July 27, 2021
- Mix-and-match COVID vaccines trigger potent immune response May 24, 2021
- Arterial events, venous thromboembolism, thrombocytopenia, and bleeding after vaccination with Oxford-AstraZeneca in Denmark and Norway May 12, 2021