On September 10th, 2020, the Vaccine monitoring Collaboration for Europe (VAC4EU) and the Brighton Collaboration’s Safety Platform for Emergency vACcines (SPEAC) project jointly held a Scientific webinar on how to assess Vaccine Associated Enhanced Disease (VAED) in epidemiologic studies monitoring COVID-19 vaccines. Speakers provided an update on the Brighton Collaboration’s case definition of VAED and on algorithms for establishing background rates, and participants discussed some of the challenges they face.
- New Zealand takes first steps to monitor the safety of COVID-19 vaccines February 18, 2021
- As Millions Get Shots in USA, the F.D.A. Struggles to Get Safety Monitoring System Running February 15, 2021
- Understanding mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines January 11, 2021
- Ensuring safety of COVID-19 vaccines November 26, 2020
- Will it be safe? Vaccine safety science from the Cow Pock to COVID-19 November 25, 2020