On September 10th, 2020, the Vaccine monitoring Collaboration for Europe (VAC4EU) and the Brighton Collaboration’s Safety Platform for Emergency vACcines (SPEAC) project jointly held a Scientific webinar on how to assess Vaccine Associated Enhanced Disease (VAED) in epidemiologic studies monitoring COVID-19 vaccines. Speakers provided an update on the Brighton Collaboration’s case definition of VAED and on algorithms for establishing background rates, and participants discussed some of the challenges they face.
- The critical role of background rates of possible adverse events in the assessment of COVID-19 vaccine safety April 17, 2021
- The UK Expert Haematology Panel (EHP) has produced guidance on the syndrome of Thrombosis and Thrombocytopenia occurring after coronavirus vaccination April 8, 2021
- Why is it so hard to investigate the rare side effects of COVID vaccines? April 7, 2021
- Protocol template for cohort event monitoring (CEM) for safety signal detection after vaccination with COVID-19 vaccines March 30, 2021
- COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca: benefits still outweigh the risks despite possible link to rare blood clots with low blood platelets March 20, 2021