On September 10th, 2020, the Vaccine monitoring Collaboration for Europe (VAC4EU) and the Brighton Collaboration’s Safety Platform for Emergency vACcines (SPEAC) project jointly held a Scientific webinar on how to assess Vaccine Associated Enhanced Disease (VAED) in epidemiologic studies monitoring COVID-19 vaccines. Speakers provided an update on the Brighton Collaboration’s case definition of VAED and on algorithms for establishing background rates, and participants discussed some of the challenges they face.
- Dr Helen Petousis-Harris, finalist for the 2021 Nature Research Award for Driving Global Impact September 16, 2021
- The ACCESS Background rates report, excel sheets and event definitions are now available! August 28, 2021
- Funding for the Global Covid Vaccine Safety (GCoVS) project July 27, 2021
- Mix-and-match COVID vaccines trigger potent immune response May 24, 2021
- Arterial events, venous thromboembolism, thrombocytopenia, and bleeding after vaccination with Oxford-AstraZeneca in Denmark and Norway May 12, 2021