In April 2021, the GVDN received significant funding from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for a 3 year project entitled Global Covid Vaccine Safety (GCoVS). The purpose of this project is to put in place a coordinated and harmonized post-introduction active surveillance infrastructure in diverse populations across the globe to assess the safety of COVID-19 vaccines. This infrastructure will be capable of responding to safety signals post-introduction of COVID-19 vaccines.
- Dr Helen Petousis-Harris, finalist for the 2021 Nature Research Award for Driving Global Impact September 16, 2021
- The ACCESS Background rates report, excel sheets and event definitions are now available! August 28, 2021
- Funding for the Global Covid Vaccine Safety (GCoVS) project July 27, 2021
- Mix-and-match COVID vaccines trigger potent immune response May 24, 2021
- Arterial events, venous thromboembolism, thrombocytopenia, and bleeding after vaccination with Oxford-AstraZeneca in Denmark and Norway May 12, 2021