‘Progress Toward a Global Vaccine Data Network’ is a special article in the Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal. It provides an update on preparations for a global network to monitor the safety and effectiveness of vaccines, including COVID-19 vaccines, across geographically and demographically diverse sites. It covers the need for such a network, how it is coordinated, criteria for participation and plans for capacity development. The need for a common data model and flexible models for analysis are also described.
- Dr Helen Petousis-Harris, finalist for the 2021 Nature Research Award for Driving Global Impact September 16, 2021
- The ACCESS Background rates report, excel sheets and event definitions are now available! August 28, 2021
- Funding for the Global Covid Vaccine Safety (GCoVS) project July 27, 2021
- Mix-and-match COVID vaccines trigger potent immune response May 24, 2021
- Arterial events, venous thromboembolism, thrombocytopenia, and bleeding after vaccination with Oxford-AstraZeneca in Denmark and Norway May 12, 2021