The Global Vaccine Data Network (GVDN) is gearing up to be able to collaboratively assess the safety of COVID-19 vaccines once they have been introduced. Part of this work involves collecting information about background rates of potential Adverse Events of Special Interest (AESI) i.e. medical conditions that may be related to vaccinations. Fears about AESIs often don’t take account of background rates.
- Mix-and-match COVID vaccines trigger potent immune response May 24, 2021
- Arterial events, venous thromboembolism, thrombocytopenia, and bleeding after vaccination with Oxford-AstraZeneca in Denmark and Norway May 12, 2021
- The critical role of background rates of possible adverse events in the assessment of COVID-19 vaccine safety April 17, 2021
- The UK Expert Haematology Panel (EHP) has produced guidance on the syndrome of Thrombosis and Thrombocytopenia occurring after coronavirus vaccination April 8, 2021
- Why is it so hard to investigate the rare side effects of COVID vaccines? April 7, 2021