The Global Vaccine Data Network (GVDN) is gearing up to be able to collaboratively assess the safety of COVID-19 vaccines once they have been introduced. Part of this work involves collecting information about background rates of potential Adverse Events of Special Interest (AESI) i.e. medical conditions that may be related to vaccinations. Fears about AESIs often don’t take account of background rates.
- Dr Helen Petousis-Harris, finalist for the 2021 Nature Research Award for Driving Global Impact September 16, 2021
- The ACCESS Background rates report, excel sheets and event definitions are now available! August 28, 2021
- Funding for the Global Covid Vaccine Safety (GCoVS) project July 27, 2021
- Mix-and-match COVID vaccines trigger potent immune response May 24, 2021
- Arterial events, venous thromboembolism, thrombocytopenia, and bleeding after vaccination with Oxford-AstraZeneca in Denmark and Norway May 12, 2021