While there may have been a lot of attention on developing COVID vaccines, there has been less interest in investing in the vaccine safety monitoring mechanisms required under these extraordinary conditions. There is an urgency to get these systems in place both nationally and globally. An article in the New York Times explains how the much-touted system the government designed to monitor any dangerous reactions won’t be capable of analyzing safety data for weeks or months, according to numerous federal health officials.
- New Zealand takes first steps to monitor the safety of COVID-19 vaccines February 18, 2021
- As Millions Get Shots in USA, the F.D.A. Struggles to Get Safety Monitoring System Running February 15, 2021
- Understanding mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines January 11, 2021
- Ensuring safety of COVID-19 vaccines November 26, 2020
- Will it be safe? Vaccine safety science from the Cow Pock to COVID-19 November 25, 2020