While there may have been a lot of attention on developing COVID vaccines, there has been less interest in investing in the vaccine safety monitoring mechanisms required under these extraordinary conditions. There is an urgency to get these systems in place both nationally and globally. An article in the New York Times explains how the much-touted system the government designed to monitor any dangerous reactions won’t be capable of analyzing safety data for weeks or months, according to numerous federal health officials.
- The critical role of background rates of possible adverse events in the assessment of COVID-19 vaccine safety April 17, 2021
- The UK Expert Haematology Panel (EHP) has produced guidance on the syndrome of Thrombosis and Thrombocytopenia occurring after coronavirus vaccination April 8, 2021
- Why is it so hard to investigate the rare side effects of COVID vaccines? April 7, 2021
- Protocol template for cohort event monitoring (CEM) for safety signal detection after vaccination with COVID-19 vaccines March 30, 2021
- COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca: benefits still outweigh the risks despite possible link to rare blood clots with low blood platelets March 20, 2021