The article ‘Progress and Pitfalls in the Quest for Effective SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccines’ by Flanagan et al. appeared in the October 2020 edition of Frontiers in Immunology. The authors review current knowledge about the immune response to SARS-CoV-2 as it pertains to the design of effective and safe SARS-CoV-2 vaccines and the range of novel and established approaches to vaccine development being taken. They provide details of some of the frontrunner vaccines and discuss potential issues including adverse effects, scale-up and delivery.
- Dr Helen Petousis-Harris, finalist for the 2021 Nature Research Award for Driving Global Impact September 16, 2021
- The ACCESS Background rates report, excel sheets and event definitions are now available! August 28, 2021
- Funding for the Global Covid Vaccine Safety (GCoVS) project July 27, 2021
- Mix-and-match COVID vaccines trigger potent immune response May 24, 2021
- Arterial events, venous thromboembolism, thrombocytopenia, and bleeding after vaccination with Oxford-AstraZeneca in Denmark and Norway May 12, 2021