The article ‘Progress and Pitfalls in the Quest for Effective SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccines’ by Flanagan et al. appeared in the October 2020 edition of Frontiers in Immunology. The authors review current knowledge about the immune response to SARS-CoV-2 as it pertains to the design of effective and safe SARS-CoV-2 vaccines and the range of novel and established approaches to vaccine development being taken. They provide details of some of the frontrunner vaccines and discuss potential issues including adverse effects, scale-up and delivery.
- New Zealand takes first steps to monitor the safety of COVID-19 vaccines February 18, 2021
- As Millions Get Shots in USA, the F.D.A. Struggles to Get Safety Monitoring System Running February 15, 2021
- Understanding mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines January 11, 2021
- Ensuring safety of COVID-19 vaccines November 26, 2020
- Will it be safe? Vaccine safety science from the Cow Pock to COVID-19 November 25, 2020